Diagnostics Hematology Specialist (Kansas City)
At Adaptive, we’re Powering the Age of Immune Medicine. Our goal is to harness the power of the adaptive immune system to transform the way diseases are diagnosed and treated.
As an Adapter, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. With Adaptive, you’ll create a career highlight through collaboration with bright, curious colleagues working at the apex of innovation and application.
It’s time for your next chapter. Discover your story with Adaptive.
The Diagnostics Hematology Specialist will contribute to Adaptive’s overall sales objective by utilizing their Hematology / Oncology background, relationships, and successful sales experiences to perform assigned sales-related activities to exceed sales goals. This sales role is primarily responsible for the sales growth of all their targeted accounts in the assigned geography. The ideal candidate will be capable of managing the territory and administrative requirements efficiently to drive product sales. This role will act as the primary customer contact for physicians, advanced practice providers, and other healthcare professionals with products, services, and information to enable customers to use and prescribe Adaptive’s portfolio of products safely and effectively.
Key Accounts for this position are generally in Kansas City, MO and St. Louis, MO.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Demonstrate clinical/disease and product expertise and deliver strategic customer education to ensure appropriate patient identification and Clonoseq utilization.
- Work cross functionally with Internal partners and stakeholders to build and implement strong business plans.
- Holistically support and manage territory accounts by creating relationships with physicians, allied healthcare professionals, and business stakeholders.
- Promotes Adaptive’s diagnostics products through calls on targeted physicians in assigned territory to implement sales, marketing and patient support programs to get and keep indicated patients on our products.
- Develops and aggressively implements a territory business plan to meet customer needs and achieve sales goals.
- Identiﬁes customer changes and ensures through coordinated communication and planning, that appropriate people and resources are allocated to address the change.
- Performs all administrative functions required of the position, including reporting call activity and customer information into the appropriate call reporting system in a timely manner, submitting expenses, etc.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues, opportunities and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Trains and educates physician support staff on the proper use and handling of Adaptive’s diagnostics products
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Other)
- A. / B.S. + 5 years of related experience such as previous pharmaceutical, diagnostic or medical device sales experience.
- 3 + years’ experience in hematology or Oncology, biotech, life science or diagnostic sales Oncology lab service background a plus.
- Strong technical background in molecular biology, genomics, next generation sequencing or immunology a plus.
- Must have a self-starting, self-managing independent work style. Dedicated to making customer service a priority.
- Must be results oriented with a strategic focus on sales.
- Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators (ROI and KPIs).
- Well-developed professional and strategic selling skills with a proven ability to grow key accounts by building and leveraging networks inside and outside the life science and research areas of key institutions and companies
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- ability to effectively communicate the relevant application of our technology to a wide range of research specialties
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and skillfully bring together appropriate internal resources to meet specific customer needs
- Enjoys a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and can confidently operate with a great deal of self-sufficiency
- Experienced using Salesforce or similar CRM database to effectively manage territory business
This is a field-based position. Travel requirements may exceed 60%.
Salary Range: $136,000 - $204,000
Other compensation elements include:
- equity grant
- incentive compensation
- transportation reimbursement
Interested in this position, but don’t meet all the requirements? Adaptive is committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams across our organization. Please consider applying even if your experience doesn’t match all the qualifications; you may be the exact candidate we’re searching for!
Adaptive is not currently sponsoring candidates requiring work authorization support for this position.
Adaptive’s posted compensation information includes a base salary (or hourly rate) range and summary of other available total compensation. The base salary range represents a minimum-to-maximum salary (or hourly rate) available to candidates upon extension of offer. Base salary is thoughtfully considered upon offer and is determined through multiple evaluation checks throughout the interview process, including: a candidate’s ability to meet minimum qualifications (skills/experience/education), a candidate’s ability to thoughtfully address preferred qualifications, current market conditions, and internal pay equity. Listed base salary is exclusive of bonus, commission, equity, differential pay, benefits, and other incentives.
Adaptive's benefits at-a-glance.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail email@example.com. This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners who have active agreements with Adaptive. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.