Technical Product Manager
Absci is a generative AI drug creation company on a mission to create better biologics for patients, faster. We are the company unlocking the design of new antibodies on a computer from scratch, and we’re just getting started. It will take a state-of-the-art wet lab, artificial Intelligence, and above all else a team of brilliant Unlimiters working together to achieve our vision of breakthrough therapeutics at the click of a button, for everyone. We are gritty, creative, and we are pushing the limits of science in a way that no one has done before because that’s how we will save lives. Join us as we redefine what’s possible.
Absci is a global company with a state-of-the-art lab and headquarters in the beautiful Pacific Northwest US, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, and just an hour away from world-class alpines and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how #Unlimiters are creating drugs at the speed of AI.
Technical Product Manager (AI Research & Engineering)
Hybrid work available in: Vancouver, WA
We are currently seeking a driven and experienced Technical Product Manager to join our AI research and Engineering team. You will be responsible for driving the vision, strategy and execution of products both in AI engineering and Bioinformatics. . You will work closely with a small interdisciplinary team of AI/ML researchers, software engineers, protein scientists to construct systems that allow us to generate and validate new therapeutic protein based drugs for treating issues like cancer, autoimmune diseases, and infectious diseases. Your work will directly make a positive impact in patients' lives.
You will work closely with our management team and individual engineering tech leads around two key areas:
Bioinformatics & Lab Enablement: You will own the roadmap to ensure seamless integrations between our wet lab and dry lab capabilities. This will include data integrations with Benchling, our main R&D laboratory information system in addition to high performance data pipelines to process next generation sequencing, Flow Cytometry, and surface plasmon resonance workflows. You will coordinate with wet lab scientists, AI researchers, and Software Engineers
AI Engineering: You will gather and prioritize requirements for data management, MLOps, and AI infrastructure. You will work with our AI teams to create a roadmap for our Antibody Engineering AI platform. You will partner with our engineering teams to deliver scalable and reliable production grade AI workflow solutions.
Responsibilities: The following responsibilities are for Technical Product Manager.
- Partner with managers and tech leads to build product vision and product roadmaps for bioinformatics and AI engineering.
- Partner with managers and tech leads to build and maintain comprehensive product backlogs.
- Gather product requirements and product feedback from lab scientists, AI researchers, and engineering teams.
- Take on product ownership with ruthless prioritization and a bias for action
- Stakeholder management across a highly interdisciplinary set of teams
- Partner with management to define OKRs and KPIs for all our products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Data Science or related field
- At least 2 years of experience working on production grade software products
- 2+ years of experience working or educational experience in ML/AI or Bioinformatics
- Strong technical knowledge to enable effective collaboration with engineers and/or scientists
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as scrum, and kanban
- Proven Track record of creating product roadmaps and facilitating executing on it by delivering high impact work
- Experience standard technical project management and documentation tools like Jira and confluence or equivalents.
Preferred (but not required):
- Masters degree in relevant field
- Experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical Industries
- Experience with generative AI (GenAI), NLP, or computer vision, large language models (LLMs), or protein language models
- Experience with MLOps tools such as Weights & Biases
- Experience with bioinformatics, computational protein design, computational genomics, immunology, structural biology, antibody engineering, or related fields
- Experience with NGS, SPR, or Flow Cytometry data
- Experience as an agile coach or product owner.
The salary range for US based employees in this position is $90,000 - $170,000/year. Competitive equity package applies. Pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to equity, compensation packages include a wide range of medical, dental, vision benefits and ability to participate in our employee stock purchase plan.
Absci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision insurance, unlimited vacation, parental leave, breakfast and lunch for onsite employees, employee assistance program, voluntary life and disability insurance, annual bonus potential, and 401(k) with a generous company match.
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment - bring your pup along for the ride.