Research Associate II, High-Throughput Screening - Flow Cytometry
Absci is a generative AI drug creation company on a mission to create better biologics for patients, faster. We are the company unlocking the design of new antibodies on a computer from scratch, and we’re just getting started. It will take a state-of-the-art wet lab, artificial Intelligence, and above all else a team of brilliant Unlimiters working together to achieve our vision of breakthrough therapeutics at the click of a button, for everyone. We are gritty, creative, and we are pushing the limits of science in a way that no one has done before because that’s how we will save lives. Join us as we redefine what’s possible.
Absci is a global company with a state-of-the-art lab and headquarters in the beautiful Pacific Northwest US, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, and just an hour away from world-class alpines and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how #Unlimiters are creating drugs at the speed of AI.
Research Associate II
Research Associate II on the High-Throughput Screening team will be utilizing flow cytometry to deliver data from a variety of proprietary high throughput assays to our AI teams. Individual with meticulous attention to detail, an eagerness to learn new techniques, and are comfortable working in a highly dynamic and rapidly scaling company will thrive in this role. We offer an opportunity to learn about cutting edge applications of flow cytometry while looking at a variety of cell types. We are looking for individuals that are open to working one weekend day.
- Run flow cytometers and flow sorters to execute proprietary assays for screening purposes - including fixing and staining cells, setting up the cytometers, running samples, setting gates, and executing sorting
- Preliminary analysis of data to ensure operational integrity before handoffs to downstream groups
- Assemble reports to share experimental results
- Review and follow standard operating procedures to obtain reproducible results
- Collaborate with others to assist in troubleshooting equipment and processes
- Collaborate with development focused teammates to assist with process optimization and/or novel assay development (While this is not the focus of this role, there will still be some help required in these areas)
- Produce accurate reports for others by collecting data from a variety of standard sources and inputting it into standard formats.
- Organize own work schedule each day in line with changing priorities.
- Prepare moderately complex documents using a variety of applications for technology devices such as standard office software. Also responsible for gathering and summarizing data for reports.
- Support others by carrying out a range of research activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry or related field
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience working with flow cytometers
- Familiarity with FlowJo software for analysis
- Candidate must be comfortable using electronic lab notebooks, and computers in general
Nice-to-have (but not required):
- Experience with liquid handling robotics
- Experience with general flow cytometer maintenance
- Understanding of statistics and statistical software (Prism or JMP)
- Experience in NGS Analysis
- Experience with SOP creation
- Experience with Sony and/or BD flow analyzers and sorters
- Experience with coding in Python or R
- Familiarity with 5S laboratory organization techniques
- Passion for building a gritty and creative company culture that is collaborative, multidisciplinary, and determined to make a transformative impact to our industry
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000/year. Competitive equity package applies. Pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to equity, compensation packages include a wide range of medical, dental, vision benefits and ability to participate in our employee stock purchase plan.
Absci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision insurance, unlimited vacation, parental leave, breakfast and lunch for onsite employees, employee assistance program, voluntary life and disability insurance, annual bonus potential, and 401(k) with a generous company match. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment - bring your pup along for the ride.