Absci is a generative AI drug creation company on a mission to create better biologics for patients, faster. We are the company unlocking the design of new antibodies on a computer from scratch, and we’re just getting started. It will take a state-of-the-art wet lab, artificial Intelligence, and above all else a team of brilliant Unlimiters working together to achieve our vision of breakthrough therapeutics at the click of a button, for everyone. We are gritty, creative, and we are pushing the limits of science in a way that no one has done before because that’s how we will save lives. Join us as we redefine what’s possible.
Absci is a global company with a state-of-the-art lab and headquarters in the beautiful Pacific Northwest US, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, and just an hour away from world-class alpines and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how #Unlimiters are creating drugs at the speed of AI: absci.com/joinus
Full-time Monday-Friday, On-site, Vancouver Campus
Research Associate -High-Throughput Assays to join the Biophysics and Protein Engineering team. The main focus of this position will be centered on our high-throughput surface plasmon resonance (SPR) pipeline that measures binding affinity of proteins produced in our Solupro® platform. Expected attributes of the ideal candidate are an enthusiasm for hands-on lab bench work, meticulous attention to detail, an eagerness to learn new techniques, and adaptability as our workflows are dynamic. The day-to-day work requirements involve executing workflows on robotic liquid handlers, preparing the needed buffers and reagents, recording experimental details in an electronic lab notebook, and processing high-throughput SPR data for downstream Artificial intelligence initiatives.
- Leverage prior biochemistry experience to assist in assay development for new molecules
- Prepare needed buffers and reagents
- Independently execute experiments on a variety of liquid handlers
- Preliminary analysis of data to ensure operational integrity before handoffs to upstream stakeholders
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot deviations and unexpected results, flagging and escalating issues as appropriate
- Execute experiments designed by senior teammates to investigate variability, nonconformance, outlying data points, or support process development
- Assist in the assembly of reports to share experimental results
- Maintain an accurate electronic lab notebook
- Review and follow standard operating procedures to obtain reproducible results
- Protein purification experience is a plus
- Experience characterizing protein-protein interactions with biophysical techniques is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of experience (Senior Research Associate requires BS and 5+ years of experience)
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills
Preferred (but not required):
- 1-2 years hands-on experience running binding assays (i.e. ELISA, BLI, SPR)
- Familiarity with electronic lab notebook systems.
The salary range for a Research Associate is $65,000 - $75,000/year, we will consider Senior Research Associate salary range from $75,000 -$85,000/year. Competitive equity package applies. Pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to equity, compensation packages include a wide range of medical, dental, vision benefits and ability to participate in our employee stock purchase plan.
Absci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision insurance, unlimited vacation, parental leave, breakfast and lunch for onsite employees, employee assistance program, voluntary life and disability insurance, annual bonus potential, and 401(k) with a generous company match.
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment - bring your pup along for the ride.
Something looks off?