Research Intern, Artificial Intelligence
Absci is a generative AI drug creation company on a mission to create better biologics for patients, faster. We are the company unlocking the design of new antibodies on a computer from scratch, and we’re just getting started. It will take a state-of-the-art wet lab, artificial Intelligence, and above all else a team of brilliant Unlimiters working together to achieve our vision of breakthrough therapeutics at the click of a button, for everyone. We are gritty, creative, and we are pushing the limits of science in a way that no one has done before because that’s how we will save lives. Join us as we redefine what’s possible.
Absci is a global company with a state-of-the-art lab and headquarters in the beautiful Pacific Northwest US, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, and just an hour away from world-class alpines and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how #Unlimiters are creating drugs at the speed of AI: absci.com/joinus
Research Intern, Artificial Intelligence
New York City- AAIR Lab
The salary range for this position is $7,000 - $9,500/month. Pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, with an emphasis in machine learning, engineering, and modeling expertise.
Absci is seeking multiple Research Interns in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and protein design to join our world-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) team and advance generative models for protein drug design. As a Research Intern, you will develop advanced machine learning techniques that will be deployed for the creation of lifesaving drugs. We are looking for people who can draw on significant expertise in deep learning or related disciplines such as natural language processing, protein design, and computer vision, to develop innovative models that can learn from and generate new proteins.
Our interns have an opportunity to make advancements in generative modeling & protein design, and collaborate with Absci’s synthetic biology teams to test their models in the wet-lab. Interns at Absci either contribute to our main research directions or lead an independent research program under the supervision of an Absci AI Scientist. Interns may have the opportunity to publish their work in top tier conferences or journals.
This position is based in New York City, but remote work may be considered. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a PhD in one of the areas above; outstanding Masters or undergraduate students may also be considered.
- Perform research to design and evaluate generative models for protein design
- Develop better sampling techniques for designing diverse proteins
- Collaborate with data scientists and wet-lab biologists on the design and integration of wet-lab experiments
- Contribute code to a highly collaborative codebase and launch training jobs on our in-house A100-based supercomputer
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD, Masters, or BS in Machine Learning, protein design, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience contributing to complex deep learning codebases in PyTorch or related platforms.
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Strong publication record at top machine learning venues and/or scientific journals
- Experience working on GPU-based HPC supercomputing cluster or similar cloud computing platforms
- Demonstrated experience communicating research results in a clear manner
- Possess a passion and ability to craft and pursue an independent research program
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment - bring your pup along for the ride.
Something looks off?