AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Systems Engineer to join our IT team. If you are a technical polyglot with experience in managing both traditional (Windows AD) and modern (cloud, container) environments, we’d love to hear from you. The successful candidate will be at ease with ambiguity and change, embracing the opportunities and challenges that a quickly evolving and dynamic work environment presents.
How you might spend your days:
- Planning and implementing compute, virtualization and storage technologies for a fast-growing organization over multiple sites
- Collaborating with technical counterparts in other departments to provide infrastructure support for their projects
- Providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for company infrastructure
- Creating and implementing best practice system security measures
- Writing requests for proposals, managing, and vetting competitive bids, and working with external contractors to implement system solutions
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have over 6 years of experience in building and supporting complex IT systems
- You have extensive experience researching and implementing new system technologies
- You have expertise working with Microsoft AD and AWS
- VMware and Kubernetes experience is an asset
- You show initiative and are proactive about resolving issues
- You thrive in a team-based environment, building solutions that meet the specific needs of a diverse team
- You have experience mentoring colleagues and sharing knowledge
- You have excellent documentation and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are accountable, reliable, punctual, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23040 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?