Associate Scientist, External Manufacturing (MSAT)
AbCellera is an energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. Working at the interface of computation, engineering, and biology, AbCellera is rebuilding the front-end process of how drugs are discovered with a discovery platform that integrates modern technologies from engineering, microfluidics, single-cell analysis, high-throughput genomics, machine learning, and hyper-scale data science. With over 400 AbCellerites and growing, we’re expanding our capabilities to include Process Development and Clinical Manufacturing of antibodies to bring therapies from idea to patients, faster.
As a part of our newly created CMC organization, you will support our new process development platform from the ground up, all while leveraging cutting-edge technologies. You will be part of a team with an audacious goal: to go from discovery to fill-finish in a year.
This role will support Technical Operations and provide statistical analysis for all the functional areas including process development, analytical, and formulation development, MSAT and manufacturing teams. The position will include assisting scientists and other professionals to develop experimental designs, analyze data while incorporating scientific judgment and support generating technical / regulatory reports.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are an innovator and ready to help new approaches to the discovery and development of therapeutics
- You have a strong desire to support early antibody discovery work by developing ways to improve and speed up the discovery to CMC development to GMP manufacturing paradigm
- You are ready to revolutionize therapeutic development and move at lightning speed to create a legacy in our industry
- You are an outstanding communicator and teammate
- You are highly motivated and excited about the opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
How you might spend your days
- Working closely with various operating teams consisting of PD, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, and other functions as needed
- Supporting technical transfer for manufacturing processes within Abcellera and externally in collaboration with CMO’s and AbCellera’s partners
- Supporting manufacturing activities related to clinical manufacturing of Drug Product and Drug Substance with internal and external manufacturing sites.
- Supporting regulatory in ensuring all aspects of the operation are aligned with regulations/guidance/expectations from global regulatory agencies
- Supporting and collaborate with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Supporting CMC sections of regulatory filings
Required qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. and 0-2+ years of experience, or B.Sc. and 2-5+ years of experience in manufacturing or GMP setting
- Strong knowledge of GMP systems and GMP manufacturing operations
- Proven to be a problem-solver and team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements as it pertains to CMC activities for monoclonal antibodies (FDA, EMA, ICH, etc) would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
What we offer
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Something looks off?