Manager, QC Raw Materials
AbCellera is transforming antibody drug discovery to bring better medicines to patients more quickly. We are constructing a process development and manufacturing facility in Vancouver, Canada, where our Tech Ops team of scientists and engineers will oversee the manufacturing processes for antibody therapeutics.
The Manager, Quality Control - Raw Materials will be responsible for managing sampling and testing activities, including data review and reporting requirements, of the QC Raw Material (RM) department supporting AbCellera’s Drug Substance and Drug Product cGMP Clinical Manufacturing facility.
AbCellera’s engine integrates expert teams, technology, and facilities with the data science and automation needed to propel antibody-based medicines from target to clinic in nearly every therapeutic area with precision and speed. AbCellera provides innovative biotechs and leading pharmaceutical companies with a competitive advantage that empowers them to move quickly, reduce cost, and tackle the toughest problems in drug development.
We’re offering a generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our future facility will be nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are strongly self-motivated and are able to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You are passionate about building dynamic new teams and capabilities that accomplish important goals
- You have a bias towards innovation over industry standards
- You are experienced in QC raw materials
- You are an outstanding communicator and teammate
How you might spend your days
- Managing Quality Control Raw Material (RM) department to ensure timely and accurate sampling, testing, and reporting of data for incoming materials used in AbCellera operations.
- Ensuring all data complies with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing laboratory facilities and equipment, developing and maintaining laboratory test methods and procedures.
- Overseeing laboratory investigations and implementing corrective and preventive actions to eliminate errors.
- Meeting regulatory agency commitments and providing timely updates to site and QA management.
- Interacting with clients, customers, and internal groups to support all testing activities.
Required qualifications and experience
- BSc or MSc in a relevant scientific discipline and 8+ years of industry experience working within QC in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Direct QC laboratory experience with chemical or for microbiological, immunological, environmental monitoring assays and other types of tests necessary
- Sound working knowledge of cGMP, USP, ICH,EP and FDA guidelines is necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, including public presentation of complex data
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Something looks off?