Manager, GxP Training
We are thoughtfully assembling a world-class team of manufacturing and operations specialists, scientists, and engineers. Starting from the ground up with the freedom to innovate and move at lightning speed, this team will design, build, qualify, and operate a new CMC laboratory and a 130K sq ft GMP facility in Canada.
In this GxP training role you’ll be responsible for communicating with managers to identify training needs and mapping out development and training plans for individuals. You’ll develop, coordinate and manage all GxP training programs for a state-of-the-art Biologics Drug Substance (DS) and Drug Product (DP) clinical manufacturing facility.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are strongly self-motivated and are able to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions that work for AbCellerites (what we call folks who work here)
- You are passionate about building dynamic new teams and capabilities and are comfortable starting with a blank slate
- You place equal importance on innovation and adhering to industry regulations
- You are experienced in training methods, including on-the-job coaching and e-learning.
- You believe culture starts from individuals with shared core values and a common sense of purpose, and that it’s strengthened through a network of interactions and relationships built on mutual trust and appreciation.
- You want to be a mentor and help others see how their work contributes to our overall goals.
How you might spend your days
- Mapping out GxP training plans and programs for AbCellerites
- Selecting the most appropriate and engaging training methods or activities to ensure the best learning outcomes
- Bringing AbCellerites on the journey with you so they understand why these training programs are so important
- Conducting an organization-wide training needs assessment;identifying skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Partnering with our People & Culture team to create the most valuable onboarding experience
- Designing, preparing, and ordering educational resources
- Assessing instructional effectiveness and analyzing the impact of training on AbCellerite skills
- Partnering with teams as learning needs evolve
- Maintaining an up to date and accurate curriculum database and AbCellerite training records
- Hosting train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Managing and maintaining in-house training facilities and equipment
- Researching and recommending new training methods, as appropriate
Required qualifications and experience
- 5-8+ years of related experience working within a regulated industry.
- Prior GMP experience preferred with working or educational knowledge of cGMP, USP, ICH, EP, and FDA guidelines.
- A relevant degree in Education, Training, HR or related discipline, and a number of years of proven industry experience as a training coordinator, trainer, training facilitator or similar.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate)
- Familiarity with a variety of job training methods and techniques
- Experience with e-learning platforms
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Something looks off?