AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a Mechatronics Engineer to join our growing team. Our mechatronics team is a group of motivated people who work in collaboration with life scientists to constantly improve our antibody discovery platform. Ultimately, we are all working towards a common goal which we strongly believe will make the world a better place.
As a mechatronics engineer at AbCellera, you will work in a small cross-functional team to develop the next generation of our antibody discovery platform. We are looking for talented engineers who can make a 10x impact to our antibody discovery pipeline, and solve difficult challenges spanning multiple disciplines including optics, motion control, electronics, and software. Don’t worry if you don’t have a biology background, we’ll get you up to speed.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing next generation optomechanical systems to improve various aspects of our antibody discovery platform.
- Developing and deploying computer vision and computational imaging algorithms.
- Working collaboratively with life scientists, engineers, and software engineers in a cross-disciplinary team.
Our current tech stack:
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, material science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in robotics, optics, or controls, or 1 years of experience with an advanced degree.
- Experience developing LabVIEW applications for hardware automation, data acquisition, and image analysis. Bonus points if you are a Certified LabVIEW Developer.
- Experience applying systems engineering methods to complex systems which integrate motion control, optical systems, networking, and advanced controls.
- Hands-on experience designing, building, testing and troubleshooting custom optomechanical systems.
- Knowledge of computational imaging methods.
- Knowledge of optical microscopy, especially fluorescence microscopy.
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and tools.
- Experience with imaging hardware such as cameras, microscopes, and lens systems.
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a real difference, working on challenging problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning, and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multidisciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23082 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?