AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Network Administrator to join our IT team. If you have a deep understanding of network technologies and love to balance performance and reliability, we’d love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be at ease with ambiguity and change, embracing the opportunities and challenges that a quickly evolving and dynamic work environment presents.
How you might spend your days:
- Implementing wired and wireless networking technologies for a fast-growing organization over multiple, global sites
- Collaborating with technical counterparts in other departments to provide network support for their projects
- Providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for company infrastructure
- Creating and implementing best practices around network management and security
- Engaging with other departments to understand and document their needs. Providing technical recommendations based on the identified needs.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- You have over 5 years of experience in building and supporting complex networks.
- You have experience researching and implementing new technologies and practices
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Experience in RF (Radio Frequency) planning, Wi-Fi roaming protocols, standards, and .11 protocol
- Experience with 802.1x authentication
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN (wired & wireless), WAN, and Firewall environments; understanding of OSI Layers from physical to application
- Experience with public cloud service providers (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
- Experience with VPN technology (GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs)
- Experience with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, or other Automation Platforms
- You show initiative and are proactive about resolving issues
- You thrive in a team-based environment, building solutions that meet the specific needs of a diverse team
- You have excellent documentation and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are accountable, reliable, punctual, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
- Able to participate in an after hours on-call rotation
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20226 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?