Research Scientist - Cell Biology & Assay Development
AbCellera is a vibrant, rapidly growing company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. We are seeking an experienced scientist with a strong background in mammalian cell biology and assay development to join our dynamic Cell Screening team. This role offers the exciting opportunity to contribute to therapeutic antibody discovery from natural immune repertoires using cutting-edge technologies, while working in one of Canada’s top biotech companies. We are a multidisciplinary team that believes that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can solve the biggest challenges in drug discovery. If you’re highly motivated, self-directed, and a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced and focused environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our highly motivated team on projects related to the identification of high-quality antibodies. The scope of the work may include the development of in vitro assays that include various mammalian cell lines and primary cells, design of in vivo experiments, development of media conditions and/or enrichment strategies for primary cells, and design of complex functional assays
- Optimizing and troubleshooting the development of screening assays for high-throughput antibody discovery and antibody validation
- Developing assays and cutting-edge technologies for antibody discovery against challenging targets
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Analyzing and presenting data to colleagues and partners
- Solving problems at a high level
- Liaising with partners and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team
- Maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures while recognizing opportunities for improvements and innovation
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Post-doc or PhD in relevant field, or MSc plus at least 5 years work experience in relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in cell biology and data analysis
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in immunology, infectious disease, development of antibody-based assays, flow cytometry or microscopy (optional, but desired)
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23041 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Something looks off?