Learning Experience Designer
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a Learning Experience Designer to imagine and implement learning journeys that support our scientists, engineers, technicians, bioinformaticians, and help us share vast and multidisciplinary knowledge across the company. If you bring expertise in learning and development, have a background in science or technology, and want to build programs from the ground up for a very talented team, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Developing content for scientific courses and learning assets
- Partnering with our (awesome!) scientists and technologists to co-develop training programs and strategically plan learning journeys
- Developing and producing video learning content
- Facilitating exchange of ideas, learning, and thoughts through technology
- Developing materials and experiences to support both facilitators and participants through different learning modes: instructor-led, on-line and blended training
- Designing learning experiences informed by adult learning principles, instructional design theory and educational media practices (eg. slides, videos, simulations, etc)
- Contributing to the implementation and sustainability of content in our learning management system
- Evaluating the effectiveness of learning programs and iterating on the design to improve the experience for the team
- Gathering requirements from scientific and non-scientific teams to resolve pain points during new onboarding of new AbCellerites, and designing solutions to support our team’s growth
- Imagining and implementing new ways to seamlessly integrate learning support for both individual growth and team development
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Your curiosity matches your excellence in teaching and training!
- You have a minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- You bring expertise in learning and development and a strong academic background in science or technology (preference for Ph.D level candidates)
- You have a creative mindset
- Videography & visual design experience would be an asset
- You have previous experience with a learning management system or learning experience system
- You have previous experience with content authoring tools such as Articulate 360
- You show initiative, thrive in a team-based environment, and have a can-do attitude
- You have excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are accountable, reliable and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220088 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?