Lead, Biotherapeutic Analytics
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the analytical and biophysical characterization of antibodies and/or other therapeutic proteins, to join our multidisciplinary team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed scientist, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Leading and managing antibody and other protein analytical characterization activities supporting program advancement and platform development
- Prioritizing and planning the execution of characterization requests, as well as improving request management and communication systems
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing talent within a growing and dynamic team
- Stay scientifically current, driving innovation, and implementing new technologies and workflows to expand and automate antibody characterization capabilities, including leveraging data science and machine learning
- Working closely with CMC teams to develop an innovative approach to accelerate the progression of lead candidate molecules from discovery into early development
- Leading the development and automation of early formulation, developability, and stability assessment workflows to drive lead selection
- Leading the development and implementation of standard operating procedures
- Liaising with partners and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Driving strong collaboration and communication across teams in early Discovery, Bioinformatics, Protein Engineering, Translational, and CMC
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a builder who is passionate about developing innovative approaches to the discovery and development of biotherapeutics
- You are strongly self-motivated and can identify project needs and implement solutions
- You are enthusiastic about applying your expertise in analytical characterization to revolutionize the speed and quality of antibody therapeutic discovery
- You take pride in investing time to mentor team members to enhance their skills and drive career development and high performance
- You are an outstanding communicator and teammate
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Structural Biology or related field with an additional 10+ years of experience, with at least half of that time being in the biopharma or biotechnology industries.
- Demonstrated expertise in detailed analytical characterization of antibodies or other protein therapeutics using mass spectrometry, analytical chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing, light scattering, or related techniques
- In depth understanding of antibody sequence and structure as well as common modifications and degradation mechanisms
- Experience with antibody stability and developability assessment including both high throughput screening and detailed interrogation of physical and chemical stability risks
- Track record of successful leadership and management, with a focus on developing talent
- Excellent creativity, decision-making, and troubleshooting skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail, excellent communication, documentation and technical writing skills
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Experience working in a CMC organization, or familiarity with regulatory issues related to biologics quality would be an advantage
- Familiarity with antibody binding and other mechanistic data from SPR or related technologies would be an advantage
- Experience with automation would be an asset
What we offer:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20239 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.
Something looks off?