Senior Manager, Recruiting
4D Molecular Therapeutics
At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, Inc. (“4DMT”), we boldly innovate to unlock the full potential of genetic medicines for countless patients. We are committed to breaking boundaries and daring to cure as we develop new and foundational products and product components through our growing technology platforms.
4DMT is a clinical-stage biotherapeutics company harnessing the power of directed evolution for targeted genetic medicines. We seek to unlock the full potential of gene therapy using our platform, Therapeutic Vector Evolution (TVE), which combines the power of directed evolution with our approximately one billion synthetic AAV capsid-derived sequences to invent evolved vectors for use in our products. We believe key features of our targeted and evolved vectors will help us create targeted product candidates with improved therapeutic profiles. These profiles will allow us to treat a broad range of large market diseases, unlike most current genetic medicines that generally focus on rare or small market diseases.
We have built a deep portfolio of AVV-based gene therapy product candidates, with five product candidates in clinical trials: 4D-150 for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD) and diabetic macular edema (DME), 4D-710 for the treatment of cystic fibrosis lung disease, 4D-310 for the treatment of Fabry disease cardiomyopathy, 4D-125 for the treatment of X-linked retinitis pigmentosa (XLRP), and 4D-110 for the treatment of choroideremia. In addition, we have two product candidates in preclinical studies: 4D-175 for geographic atrophy (GA) and 4D-725 for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency.
To-date, we have demonstrated clinical proof-of-concept for three evolved vectors in three therapeutic areas and routes of administration with five products and patient populations. We believe this validates the power of our directed evolution platform for discovering superior vectors compared to wildtype viral vectors. We have built a robust and efficient product engine with 6 open Investigational New Drug Applications (INDs) in the U.S., 1 IND in Taiwan, and 1 Clinical Trial Approval (CTA) in Australia. We believe we are positioned to create, develop, manufacture and, if approved, effectively commercialize targeted genetic medicines that could transform the lives of patients suffering from debilitating diseases.
In addition to TVE, our technology includes a robust AAV manufacturing platform and onsite manufacturing facility that allows us to rapidly produce and test research grade material and scale up to GMP clinical material. This internal capability and close collaboration between our R&D and Manufacturing teams has greatly accelerated the pace of discovery at 4DMT.
• Fully integrated clinical-phase company with internal manufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to move rapidly from idea to IND
• Five candidate products in the clinic and two declared pre-clinical programs
• Robust technology and IP foundation, including our TVE and manufacturing platforms
• Initial product safety and efficacy data substantiates the value of our platforms
• Opportunities to expand to other indications and modalities within genetic medicine
*This is a 6 month contract with opportunity for extended assignment*
The Senior Manager of Recruiting is responsible for managing 4DMT recruiting programs, external recruiters and staffing agencies, employer branding, interviewing, hiring, hiring metrics reporting, and recruiting operations. This role will partner with HR Leadership to develop 4DMT Talent Acquisition strategy and work closely with hiring managers, leaders, and the HR team to implement innovative recruiting practices and provide outstanding results aligned with 4D’s growth strategies. Additionally, the individual will have opportunities to partner on other talent management and HRBP activities and expand 4DMT’s in-house recruitment efforts.
- Oversee full-cycle recruitment of open positions with our external recruiting partners
- Conduct sourcing and recruitment of select positions independently
- Partner with hiring managers during the intake process to identify the key competencies for open positions
- Write and edit job descriptions and partner with Total Rewards to ensure the appropriate level and targeted compensation for open roles
- Own the recruiting operations process in our ATS system - Greenhouse
- Coordinate, schedule, and conduct interviews, interview debriefs, and provide feedback based on company needs and objectives
- Negotiate with candidates to achieve a competitive offer that aligns with the company’s compensation structure
- Procure necessary recruiting resources to meet future hiring deadlines and obtain top talent, including for specialized life sciences roles (i.e., external agencies)
- Partner with HR leadership to build a multi-faceted recruitment strategy to find, attract, hire, and retain top talent for the organization
- Improve the recruitment process, tools, and practices to ensure they are optimized for efficiency and effectiveness
- Keep up to date with current recruiting and labor market trends in the life sciences industry and new approaches to support retention and recruitment efforts as a dynamic, forward-thinking employer
- Leverage recruiting metrics and dashboards to show the status of the hiring plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, HR Certification is a plus
- 8+ years of experience, with at least 2 years in biotech/pharma industry
- High proficiency in recruiting tools such as Greenhouse ATS and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Ability to build relationships with employees at all levels across the organization
- Working knowledge of HR/recruitment laws, practices, and their application as they pertain to the recruitment cycle
- Experience engaging, negotiating, and partnering with external vendors and service providers, including external search firms, temporary agencies, and other providers
- High degree of organizational awareness, ability to connect the dots to understand hiring at the big-picture level
- Excellent judgment in handling confidential, sensitive information
- Excellent overall communication, writing and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Suite tools (including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel)
Base salary compensation range:
Please note, the base salary compensation range and actual salary offered to the final candidate depends on various factors: candidate’s geographical location, relevant work experience, skills, and years of experience.