4D Molecular Therapeutics
At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, Inc. (“4DMT”), we boldly innovate to unlock the full potential of genetic medicines for countless patients. We are committed to breaking boundaries and daring to cure as we develop new and foundational products and product components through our growing technology platforms.
4DMT is a clinical-stage biotherapeutics company harnessing the power of directed evolution for targeted genetic medicines. We seek to unlock the full potential of gene therapy using our platform, Therapeutic Vector Evolution (TVE), which combines the power of directed evolution with our approximately one billion synthetic AAV capsid-derived sequences to invent evolved vectors for use in our products. We believe key features of our targeted and evolved vectors will help us create targeted product candidates with improved therapeutic profiles. These profiles will allow us to treat a broad range of large market diseases, unlike most current genetic medicines that generally focus on rare or small market diseases.
We have built a deep portfolio of AVV-based gene therapy product candidates, with five product candidates in clinical trials: 4D-150 for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD) and diabetic macular edema (DME), 4D-710 for the treatment of cystic fibrosis lung disease, 4D-310 for the treatment of Fabry disease cardiomyopathy, 4D-125 for the treatment of X-linked retinitis pigmentosa (XLRP), and 4D-110 for the treatment of choroideremia. In addition, we have two product candidates in preclinical studies: 4D-175 for geographic atrophy (GA) and 4D-725 for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency.
To-date, we have demonstrated clinical proof-of-concept for three evolved vectors in three therapeutic areas and routes of administration with five products and patient populations. We believe this validates the power of our directed evolution platform for discovering superior vectors compared to wildtype viral vectors. We have built a robust and efficient product engine with 6 open Investigational New Drug Applications (INDs) in the U.S., 1 IND in Taiwan, and 1 Clinical Trial Approval (CTA) in Australia. We believe we are positioned to create, develop, manufacture and, if approved, effectively commercialize targeted genetic medicines that could transform the lives of patients suffering from debilitating diseases.
In addition to TVE, our technology includes a robust AAV manufacturing platform and onsite manufacturing facility that allows us to rapidly produce and test research grade material and scale up to GMP clinical material. This internal capability and close collaboration between our R&D and Manufacturing teams has greatly accelerated the pace of discovery at 4DMT.
• Fully integrated clinical-phase company with internal manufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to move rapidly from idea to IND
• Five candidate products in the clinic and two declared pre-clinical programs
• Robust technology and IP foundation, including our TVE and manufacturing platforms
• Initial product safety and efficacy data substantiates the value of our platforms
• Opportunities to expand to other indications and modalities within genetic medicine
The position of Research Associate in Analytical Development/Quality Control (ADQC) will support routine analytical testing and data analysis using analytical techniques including but not limited to HPLC/UPLC, qPCR/ddPCR, ELISA, CE-SDS, icIEF, UV/VIS spectroscopy, Mass Photometry, and Bio-Layer Interferometry. The candidate will also help in method optimization, development, and qualification of new analytical test methods. The candidate will work closely with Upstream and Downstream Process Development groups, Manufacturing, as well as Quality organizations.
Routine Sample Testing and Data Analysis: 60% of TIME
- Perform testing in support of process development, release, and stability
- Maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory records
- Generate technical reports using statistical analysis
- Review and present analytical data to cross-functional teams
Method Optimization, Development, and Qualification: 30% of TIME
- Optimization and transfer of analytical methods for use in Quality Control
- Support in the development of new analytical methods
- Support drafting, executing, and reporting of analytical method qualifications
Other Duties as Assigned: 10% of TIME
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Life Sciences, or related discipline
- 1+ years of analytical experience within the Biotech industry, within QC or Analytical Development groups
- Knowledge of viral gene therapy (adeno-associated viral vectors) preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of HPLC/UPLC instrumentation and associated chromatographic softwares such as Empower or Chemstation
- Familiarity in at least two analytical techniques listed above
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal, technical discretion and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Must be a team player, strong critical thinker, and exhibit a willingness to meet project timelines
- Strong attention to detail supported by excellent time management and organization skills
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Bay Area base salary compensation range is $34.13/hr - $40.39/hr.