4D Molecular Therapeutics
4D Molecular Therapeutics, Inc. (“4DMT”) is a clinical-stage genetic medicines company pioneering the development of product candidates using targeted and evolved AAV vectors. 4DMT seeks to unlock the full potential of genetic medicines using its platform, Therapeutic Vector Evolution, which combines the power of directed evolution with approximately one billion synthetic capsid sequences to invent evolved vectors for use in targeted genetic medicine products. The company is initially focused in three therapeutic areas: ophthalmology, pulmonology, and cardiology. The 4DMT targeted and evolved vectors are invented with the goal of being delivered through clinically routine, well-tolerated and minimally invasive routes of administration, transducing diseased cells in target tissues efficiently, having reduced immunogenicity and, where relevant, having resistance to pre-existing antibodies. 4DMT has five active clinical product candidates: 4D-150 is in Phase 1/2 clinical trials for Wet AMD and DME, 4D-710 is in Phase 1/2 clinical trials for Cystic Fibrosis lung disease, 4D-310 is in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial for Fabry disease, 4D-125 is in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial for XLRP, and 4D-110 is in a Phase 1 clinical trial for Choroideremia. In addition, 4DMT has two preclinical products: 4D-175 for geographic atrophy and 4D-725 for AATLD.
4DMT is focused on attracting and retaining the best people in the industry who identify with our mission and innovative results-driven approach. We offer an inspiring and collaborative environment that encourages individual contributions, recognizes performance in multiple ways, offers competitive salary and benefits, and provides challenging opportunities for career development. 4D Molecular Therapeutics is located in Emeryville, CA. If this role interests you, we encourage you to apply.
We are seeking an intern for our R&D organization where you will be a member of the Biomarkers team. This role will be primarily onsite in the lab at our headquarters in Emeryville, CA.
Hands on lab experience and training: 80% of TIME
- Training and shadowing scientists to learn techniques and lab safety
- Performing supervised hands on experiments/techniques to support vector characterization and non-clinical studies
- Additional duties as assigned
Meeting attendance and software/systems experience/training: 20% of TIME
- Attend department and project meetings to learn about activities and contribute to team discussions
- Summarize experiments/data via ELN and powerpoint presentation
- Learn to navigate corporate systems for purchasing, data management, HR, EHS ect
- Training in common scientific/corporate software systems such as ELN, MS powerpoint/excel/word/outlook, sharepoint, graph pad prism etc
- Senior standing or recent undergraduate in Science, analytical chemistry, biology, scientific commuting and biotechnology majors or equivalent
- Hard working young person ready to learn and apply themselves
Physical Requirements of the Role: (for more information on examples - https://tmhra.org/ADAToolkit/5-WriteADA-JobDescrip.pdf )
- Examples use or add your own or delete if not applicable
- Lifting X lbs, pass an annual visual test required by GMP lab with or without corrective lenses, bending, lifting, twisting...
4DMT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Something looks off?