Senior Manager, Global Trade Compliance (P-3815)
The Senior Manager, Global Trade Compliance works with key stakeholders to ensure smooth and timely distribution of 10x products across the globe. The Senior Manager develops and implements policies and procedures that support and respond to governing international trade policies to ensure full compliance with US and international regulations regarding import and export of material, information, and technology.
What you will be doing:
- Lead a team in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for trade compliance activities; identify resource needs; recommend and implement policies and procedures
- Interpret global trade compliance regulations and assure compliance
- Responsible for developing and implementing training manuals, SOPs and work instructions to comply with global trade compliance requirements
- Responsible for accurate and timely of import and export control filings
- Act as Administrator and SME for 10x’s Export Management and Export Control Screening Systems
- Responsible for the correct classification of 10x’s products in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff System and regional export regulations
- Responsible for Country of Origin (COO) determination and markings
- Partner with finance to determine appropriate valuation policy and practices for imports
- Participate in/lead 3rd party service provider reviews and evaluations
- Conduct internal audits to determine import and export compliance and develop corrective actions and support external audit activities as needed
- Identify areas for process improvements and develop metrics and reports to gauge success
- Ensure compliance with Company and Safety policies and procedures
- Identify and report to leadership any trade compliance violations (or potential violations) and assist/lead investigation, preparing documentation and corrective actions as needed
- Develop organizational requirements and structure to support growth
- Train, motivate, and evaluate personnel; provide staff training
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, quality, creativity and teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Logistics from an accredited college or university or equivalent work
- 5 years global trade compliance, policy development, import / export experience and internal/external audit activities
- 3 years of leadership experience directing a team or department
- Comprehensive knowledge of US, EMEA and Singapore trade compliance regulations and requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge with FTR, EAR and CBP regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with multiple regulatory agencies having jurisdiction over 10x Genomics’ US trade compliance activities: BIS, CBP, USDA, FDA
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Access
- Familiarity and understanding of trade compliance requirements for new market entry
- Familiarity and understanding of Oracle ERP
- Strong knowledge of Export Management Systems, preferred Oracle GTM
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to lead & develop a diverse team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems that arise in relations to trade compliance activities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in written format
- Willing to work as necessary to achieve defined goals and objectives
- Willing & able to travel to various 10x and 3rd party vendor sites, domestically and internationally (10-15%)
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Customs Broker License
- Previous experience in Life Sciences organization with focus on diagnostics and regulatory clearances
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.