Production Associate- Temp to hire
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its consumable manufacturing team. This individual will be responsible for production consumable products associated with Next Generation Sequencing chemistry. This role requires excellent laboratory skills in performing production operations consistently. Experience in production of similar products in a manufacturing environment a plus.This is an entry to junior level non-exempt temporary contract position with possibility of conversion. This individual must be a self-starter, quick learner and detail oriented, work well in a team atmosphere, have good communication skills, ability to adapt and thrive in working at a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Execute production operations according to defined procedures and ensure the integrity and quality of products
- Perform formulation of reagent consumables
- Handling of corrosive and flammable chemicals
- Handle glass product with care
- Operate liquid handling robotic system and complex manufacturing equipment for production biochemistry under supervision
- Operate and maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products
- Process work orders accurately using an ERP system in a timely manner
- Maintenance of production batch records and good documentation under ISO requirement
- Initiate Non-Conformance Material or Deviation report
- Accurate tracking of production data, test data and inventory
- Disposition material based on QC and production data
- Assist in writing and revising work instructions and production batch records
- Assist training new trainees on production processes defined in production batch records and work instructions
- Identify issues in production labs and escalate issues to supervisor’s or MSE’s attention
- 0-3 years of relevant laboratory experience in manufacturing or QC of Life Science products
- Basic understanding of DNA sequencing, PCR or other nucleic acid based technologies and relevant experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load to meet strict deadlines under supervision
- Good documentation skills and ability to write procedures and reports
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking products and processes to the next level
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of industry manufacturing workflow and ERP system a plus
- Relevant experience in a production environment working with standard production control tools – ERP, LIMS, inventory control, work orders a plus
- Experience with liquid handling robotic system a plus
- Experience with common lab equipment such as pipettes, centrifuges, thermocyclers, microscopes, etc. a plus
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.