Temporary IT Support Engineer
About the role
10x Genomics is a leading biotechnology company that delivers powerful and reliable tools for scientific discoveries to advance human health. We are seeking a temporary IT Support Engineer to join our team for two months.
Information technology is a vital and integral part of our success. At 10x, IT not only provides secure, stable, and scalable infrastructure and services for the business, it serves as a catalyst for innovation and productivity.
What you will be doing
- Physical tasks: desk setup, patching, etc
- Entry-level troubleshooting (ex: monitor not working)
- Laptop provisioning, break/fix, loaner, refreshes (would require a -a account in order to PXE boot)
- Laptop provisioning QC checks
- Runner: equipment pick up and put away
- A/V support specifically webinar support
- Zoom room checks (be able to come in early before regular business hours to do this)
- Stay ahead of equipment running low and order the supplies
- RMA equipment
- Facilitate vendor on-site visits for e-waste, warranty repair, leased equipment maintenance, etc.
- Help with IT workspace re-organization/cleanup
- Associate’s degree or certification in IT-related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Familiar with endpoint protection and backup solutions
- Familiarity with troubleshooting productivity software like Google Workspace.
- Solid understanding of basic networking and security concepts
- Ability to clearly explain IT concepts to both technical and non-technical users
- Experience with supporting VoIP and audio/visual systems
- Willing and able to work in a team and comfortable working independently
- High energy and passion for your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Mobile Device Management
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory
Hourly pay range between $41/hr-$50/hr
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?