Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
About the role:
10x is seeking a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, who will be a member of the Global Quality organization, reporting to the Senior Director of Quality. The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for implementing procedures and best practices that focus on pushing quality upstream, mitigating risk in the supply base, improving supplier performance, and driving resolution to escalated supplier quality to positively impact the quality and supply of products. The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will provide accurate, timely data mining and analysis, and actionable data intelligence for the supplier process improvement and operations excellence program.
What you will be doing:
- Provides supplier quality management, risk identification and reduction, quality and supply chain improvements, and relationship management with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages the execution of objectives for the control of external suppliers and contract manufacturers to assure the supply of acceptable quality of materials and products timely, resolve supplier quality issue, conduct supplier qualification and monitor supplier performance.
- Provides quality support to development, engineering and manufacturing functions for development and transfer activities to the suppliers.
- Aides in the assessment and qualification of new supplier materials such as raw materials, component specifications and inspection standards. Identify opportunities for reduced inspection of purchased materials based on risk and quality performance.
- Maintains supplier metrics and record review of supplier data tracking and Trending quality and purchasing control metrics (Audits, Audit Actions, SCARs)
- Contributes to the overall improvement of the Supply Base by auditing, evaluating, and recommending suppliers based on their quality controls, process quality capabilities, and quality systems (communication, QMS, Change Control, SPC, MES, Cpk, CoA, LSS, DFSS, DFX).
- An engineering or biological science discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years' experience in the Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical / Medical Device manufacturing with direct experience in Chemical, Biological, Instrument, and related supplier management.
- Strong project management skills, technical capabilities, problem solving knowledge and procurement acumen.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with colleagues and external collaborators,
- Ability to articulate quality requirements with suppliers and work with the suppliers to define and achieve quality performance goals.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Supply Chain Risk Management processes and tools.
- Lead auditor certification (CQA/ASQ/ISO9001/ISO13485)
- Global Supply Chain and International Audit experience
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?