Inside Sales Specialist - Tokyo, Japan
Inside Sales Specialist – Tokyo, Japan
The main responsibility of the Inside Sales Specialist is to find, qualify and develop sales qualified leads which contributes to the territory sales funnel and quota attainment. This requires close engagement with potential and existing customers and efficient collaborations with internal and external teams to plan and execute business strategies. The secondary responsibilities include assisting with sales funnel management for territory teams, marketing communications, and data analytics tasks.
What you will be doing:
• Work with internal commercial team members at 10x Genomics APAC and sales teams from channel partners to meet and exceed revenue goals
• Manage the customer sales process for specific territories via phone, e-mail, virtual meeting and other prospecting tools.
• Independently establish and execute strategies for obtaining new customers through sales metrics analysis and market research
• Qualify in-bound marketing qualified leads, engage with existing customers and leads, guide customers to the products that best meet their research and budgetary needs, coordinate with internal teams to address customer questions, and assist on tender process, etc.
• Partner with internal and external sales teams to ensure optimal adoption of CRM tools for accurate lead and customer tracking and sales forecasting
• Establish and maintain strong, positive and productive relationships with customers to enhance customer loyalty with sustainable revenue growth
• Work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales Executives, Science and Technology Advisor and Customer Service teams to initiate and execute business plans
• Track and report on key initiatives and activities to managers
• BSc or MSc in Life Science, Biotechnology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or a related field
• Proven successful sales experience with a technical product line and familiarity with sales concepts, best practices and sales procedures
• Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
• Excellent time management, active listening, verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong ability to identify customer needs and work effectively in a team environment
• Willing to travel to USA and within the Asia Pacific region up to 10%
• Fluent in both Japanese and English (spoken and written)
• Experience in using CRM database (SFDC), Tableau, and lead generation & prospecting tools
• NGS sales experience
• Additional language skills preferably Korean
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?