Senior Software Engineer, Backend
10x Genomics creates powerful scientific tools that enable key biological discoveries and drive exponential progress in the study of human health. Our talented team has a distinguished record of creating innovative instruments, reagents, and software that analyze biological systems at a resolution that matches the complexity of biology. Scientists have used our tools to discover the mechanisms behind Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, autism, stem cell differentiation, COVID-19, and more.
You will be working on system design and implementation for 10x’s Cloud Analysis and instrument platforms, incorporating modern development techniques and processes with the cutting edge of biology. Your code may be used to handle customer data, form the logical layer between instrument hardware and user-facing visualization, and report the health and performance of 10x’s instrument fleet. You will be directly involved in a variety of 10x’s most critical projects, but will have the support of an experienced and friendly development team.
What you will be doing
- Designing, building, testing, and shipping production-ready software.
- Developing, testing and iterating cloud and instrument backend services.
- Working with hardware, product management and other software teams to determine the shape of new features and services to build.
- Collaborating with front-end engineers (or taking on some front-end tasks yourself) to create intuitive end-to-end user facing experiences, both on the 10X Cloud and on 10x instruments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 4 years of software development experience;
- Or 6 years of professional experience building software.
Preferred skills and experience
- Significant experience developing applications and services in the Go programming language.
- Experience with Kubernetes or other cloud deployment systems.
- Experience testing and deploying applications either to the cloud or within a production manufacturing environment.
- Experience designing long-term data storage in a variety of stores, and the knowledge to know what storage schemes are best for different kinds of data.
- Familiarity with front-end development, or best practices of web application organization.
- Willingness to solve problems irrespective of where it is in the tech stack.
- A background in biology is not required, but curiosity and scientific interest is.
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?