Technical Support Scientist
About the Role:
As an in-house Support Scientist, you will be at the center of innovation that builds and maintains an optimal Customer Experience for 10x Genomics products. As a key member of the Global Support Team you will develop and continuously improve technical content and commercial processes to ensure that 10x Customers are successful beyond their expectations.
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical advice and mentoring. Assist in applications troubleshooting for both our Field Applications Team and Customers. Give scientific guidance regarding the choice and use of the appropriate 10x products. Log and manage customer issues using 10x's case tracking database.
- Manage the escalation process. Hold peer-level consultations with Scientists at top academic, research and corporate institutions.
- Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience. Capture lessons learned. Own the Knowledgebase, FAQs and other knowledge-based tools. Tribal knowledge is documented
- Produce technical content. Develop, write, and edit technical documentation for internal and external customers. Own the Support pages of the website
- BA/BS with 6 years of experience, MS with 4 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered
- Experience in Customer-facing roles is a must.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and training skills are a MUST
- Valid Driver License and Passport required
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred;
- Support experience preferred. SFDC experience highly desirable
- Hands on Illumina library preparation and troubleshooting highly desirable
- NGS data analysis desirable
- Cell culture, cell sorting, single cell PCR or RNAseq experience desirable
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?