Senior Accounting Manager
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and results-oriented individual to join our Accounting Team as Senior Accounting Manager to manage general ledger and fixed asset accounting activities in an Oracle ERP environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong general accounting background having worked in both public accounting and private industry. This individual will be a business partner to our financial planning & analysis, engineering, and operations teams and interface with auditors for the annual and interim audits. This individual will also work closely with the accounting team and senior accounting manager and will report to the Assistant Controller. Position is in Pleasanton, CA.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist in general ledger accounting activities and month-end close process including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement review analyses and corporate reporting schedules
- Manage and own fixed asset close activities including reviewing journal entries and monthly roll forward reconciliations, preparing balance sheet flux analyses, preparing/reviewing mass additions, retirements and asset transfers, ensuring timely capitalization of fixed assets in accordance with the Company’s fixed asset policy, ensuring proper coding of fixed assets general ledger account categories and classification and managing the annual physical fixed asset count process
- Manage the accounting for the Company’s operating leases in compliance with ASC 842
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various business departments relating to general ledger activities including accounting for fixed asset deliveries and transfers
- Work with internal and external auditors relating to internal controls and audit data requests
- Research and implement guidance associated with technical accounting issues
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Implement process improvement activities by automating processes, utilizing existing systems and reducing manual work effort wherever possible
- Work on special projects and assist senior management when necessary
- Develop and coach team members for personal and professional growth
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Business
- 8-12 years of experience with at least 4 years in public audit
- Proficiency in MS Office products - intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with extreme attention to detail
- CPA, CPA equivalent or CPA candidate preferred
- Experience working in ERP systems. Experience in Oracle is preferred
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?