Sr. Accounts Payable Manager
By joining 10X Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers to expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Sr. Accounts Payable Manager. Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day activities of the accounts payable department, oversee accurate and timely processing of invoices, assist in internal cash management, monitor capital expense budgets, and support the Assistant Controller in monthly and year end reports.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution to the team.
What you will be doing:
- Manage day to day operations of Accounts Payable team
- Responsible for overseeing Specialists' timely and complete processing of all AP transactions and ensure accurate coding to General Ledger
- Support training and development of staff and help in setting operational goals
- Help develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures
- Maintain effective relationships with business partners/vendors through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries.
- Responsible for supporting accurate and timely completion of AP and Purchasing month-end closing process.
- Prepare, review and analyze select journal entries and AP accruals.
- Coordinate with the Procurement team to ensure efficient and accurate purchase order processing and timely resolution of discrepancies.
- Oversee the Corporate Card program including Expense T&E program and Purchasing card program.
- Approve and verify monthly JE's for Corporate Credit Cards
- Supervise maintenance and filing of AP records in accordance with company guidelines
- Identify and escalate priority issues timely to management.
- Assist with audit schedules for external auditors as needed.
- Supervise preparation of annual 1099 and other AP compliance reporting requirements.
- Responsible for ad-hoc reporting, and training
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 7-10 years of experience with at least 4 years as an Accounts Payable Manager.
- BA Accounting or related degree.
- Mid-sized to large company experience – public or private.
- Sarbanes Oxley & associated controls monitoring and testing experience preferred.
- Must have been responsible for the management and development of AP team of 2 or more.
- Experience with Oracle and Concur is a plus.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel skills.
- Proven track record in making improvements in all areas of AP practices and policies.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with short deadlines with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities.
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?