Associate Director, Human Resources Business Partner, EMEA & APAC
10x Genomics is looking for an experienced, strategic, collaborative and result-oriented People Partner to join our Human Resources team.
We believe that 10x’s success is due to the talented and diverse people that we hire, develop and retain. Our HR team paves the way for the organization to own the culture, live true to our values, and drive the execution of our mission.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Human Resources Business Partner to cover the Commercial organization in our EMEA and APAC regions. This individual will partner closely with key business leaders and functions throughout the organization to continuously improve team engagement and lead all people initiatives for the Commercial organization in EMEA and APAC.
As an active participant of the EMEA and APAC Commercial management teams, this individual will be responsible for translating regional business priorities into people plans as well as ensuring global HR initiatives are tailored to meet the needs of the regions. The 10x culture is at the core of everything that we do. In partnership with the leaders we support, we strive to build plans and problem solve to ensure the needs of the business are met while also ensuring strong judgment and thoughtfulness is used, especially in decisions that impact our people. This individual will report directly to the Director, HRBP Global Commercial.
The ideal individual must be a self-starter, strategic thinker, data oriented, and action driven. The successful candidate will have the ability to be flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in building relationships and communicating with all levels within the organization, and provide immediate contribution.
- Partners with the EMEA and APAC Commercial leadership teams to build and implement people plans that meet the needs of the business and are in line with the 10x culture
- Coaches and advises 10xers on issues related to people and organization
- Champions a phenomenal employee experience by building trusting relationships and having strong interpersonal and coaching skills
- Works with managers to quickly identify performance issues and provide guidance to take the appropriate actions in a timely manner
- Acts as a change agent to provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees during periods of change
- Understands the needs and goals of the business and recommends actions that support these goals
- Investigates employee complaints and employee relations issues, to ensure that we are addressing issues early before they escalate
- Acts as a thought leader for the EMEA and APAC Commercial Team by keeping a pulse on the the organization
- Partners in the implementation of 10x strategy through HR activities ensuring that regional initiatives align with functional goals
- Ensures HR programs, policies and processes enhance our business and culture and are not burdensome
- Supports ideas and decisions with data so the problem can be solved for the long term
- Raises the bar in the selection process to ensure new hires are 10xers who embody our culture, not just technical professionals and recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace
- 8+ years of HRBP experience in a fast-paced global environment in either technology or life sciences
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Experience supporting Commercial (Sales, Marketing, Support) teams a plus
- Ability to travel 25% or more is required
- Bachelor's degree preferred - or equivalent work experience.
- Multilingual, fluency in English required, Dutch and Mandarin preferred
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?