Senior Software Engineer in Test - Computational Biology
10x Genomics was founded to deliver powerful and reliable tools that fuel key scientific discoveries and drive exponential progress in our mastery of biology to advance human health. Our talented team has a distinguished record of creating innovative instruments, reagents, and software that analyze biological systems at a resolution that matches the complexity of biology.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test - Computational Biology to join our team. This role requires you to work onsite at our headquarters in Pleasanton, CA.
About the Role
You will be responsible for designing and developing tests and associated software tools to ensure the best possible customer experience. You will identify, generate, and evaluate data and metrics for testing our computational biology pipelines. You will work closely with software engineers and scientists to identify requirements and develop test plans and test cases for new and existing products. You will identify possible edge cases outside normal usage and develop tests to ensure support of a broader range of data. You will work with software support to help resolve customer issues. You will develop new tools to automate tests, support development, and contribute to existing automation.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead a small team of test engineers testing 10x pipelines.
- Plan design, develop, and automate test plans against software releases.
- Work with software engineers and computational biologists to develop tests, define test metrics and troubleshoot/resolve issues.
- Report test issues and results in a consistent and timely manner.
- Support troubleshooting of customer issues.
- Test installations over a range of operating systems.
- BS/MS in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or equivalent.
- Experience with Python, Bash, Linux, and Git.
- 4 years experience in bioinformatics or software testing
- Experience leading small to medium-sized projects.
- Experience in designing and developing validation, verification, and regression tests.
- Experience in bioinformatics applications and DNA sequencing.
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Travis).
- Experience with image processing tools (e.g. OpenCV) and algorithms.
- Experience with issue tracking systems (Jira).
- Experience in Go, Rust, and/or R is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or VMWare is a plus.
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?