Xenium Sales Specialist - Japan
We are seeking a Xenium Sales Specialist for developing the market and selling of our industry leading in-situ platform (Xenium) and reagents in Japan. This position will be responsible for strategic account mapping, identifying key sites for engagement, and supporting the development of sales opportunities for our Xenium platform. This role will require strong technical knowledge, while interfacing with our local Japan team members in marketing, sales, science and technology advisors and support teams. They will be responsible for driving the education and adoption of our technologies by understanding the various market segments, customers, and positioning of 10x portfolio of products and applications, with special focus on the Xenium (in situ) platform. This role is an in-region individual contributor role based in Japan.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrates technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions.
- 5+ years of proven success in selling capital equipment
- Demonstrates funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills.
- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting.
- Develops and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals for the assigned territory.
- Understands scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to win the business.
- Work closely with local sales team, including Science and Technology Advisor, Inside Sales Specialist and Sales Managers to consistently and accurately manage the sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of the CRM system and other designated IT tools.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of the spatial/in-situ markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Strong communication skills in order to keep both internal and external stakeholders informed
- Utilizes product and application knowledge across the in situ portfolio to successfully conduct selling presentations and close instrument and reagent sales
- Ability to work collaboratively with the other members of the field organization.
- Responsible for competitive positioning and messaging to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for 10x’s portfolio with particular focus on the Xenium platform.
- Utilizes key information and portfolio positioning of on market products to seed the market with useful information and feedback this as voice-of-customer to support country objectives.
- Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored and logged, and understand customers’ scientific project needs and business needs to help win business in Japan.
- Closely works with global market segment managers and regional management to understand what research areas and applications are most relevant to the goals of the company and tailor the content for specific customers
- Creates sales enablement tools, webinars, support content and other relevant content in close collaboration with product management team
- Work with distributors to drive the Xenium technology (as needed) inclusive of training and joint travel days.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, preferably in molecular biology, biochemistry or cell biology
- A minimum 5 years of Sales, Technical Sales, Business Development or Market Development or customer applications experience required. Proven success in selling capital equipment in the life science field is highly desired.
- Must have demonstrated successful customer relationship management
- Experience in the NGS life sciences industry preferred.
- Experience with tissue-based assays (e.g., spatial gene expression, in situ hybridization) or NGS-based assays preferred.
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across functions and levels
- Ability to travel up to 60% within Japan
- Ability to highly effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Japanese and English
Nice to have skills & background:
- PhD is desired
- Experience in the NGS life sciences industry preferred
- Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?