Senior Compensation Manager
At 10x Genomics we hire the best, and the People Team helps 10x’ers do the best work of their lives. If your professional passion is helping to create a high-performance work environment by creating a world-class, industry leading compensation portfolio – then we should talk. We are looking for a results-oriented thought leader ready to channel all their experiences into creating solutions that deliver breakthrough business results.
The Sr Compensation Manager is responsible for developing and administering company compensation and incentive plan programs. As a member of the People Team at 10x Genomics, the focus of responsibility will be on ensuring that total compensation is externally competitive and internally equitable while ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws across the organization.
The ideal candidate has a strong analytical background, is experienced in effectively managing compensation programs for a multinational company and can drive execution. Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action-driven, excel at managing multiple priorities, and able to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
This position will report to the VP of Total Rewards and is based in Pleasanton, CA.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in compensation surveys, perform market research, analyze data, and formulate recommendations regarding corporate salary structures and pay adjustments to align with market rates.
- Conduct job analysis and evaluations on new and revised positions to determine appropriate title, salary grade, pay and incentive level, job code, and FLSA classification. Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Lead development and implementation of annual and midyear compensation review processes.
- Assist with the analysis, design, and administration of base pay, bonus, and equity processes, including merit increases, equity refreshers, and performance reviews.
- Support the annual plan and forecast processes by calculating bonus pools and summarizing the financial impact of all compensation plan changes across the global organization.
- Collaborate and provide consultative support with People Team members and management on compensation-related issues as well as initiatives including job classification process and assignments.
- Develop and prepare reoccurring compensation reporting/analytics and provide support for ad-hoc reporting requests. Conduct regular audits of compensation data to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Participate in the market benchmarking process by being the main point of contact with vendor contacts and maintaining market pricing system (MarketPay).
- Assist with reviewing and approving proposed salary and incentive compensation changes.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- 8+ years of global compensation experience, including base, variable, and equity.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in HR and Finance.
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Skilled in developing and delivering presentations to varying audiences including employees and various levels of management.
- Ability to think strategically and continually review and improve processes. Excellent ability to apply logical reasoning to data analysis and think through details. Ability to be self-directed and to handle large, concurrent projects with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with MS Office and Google Suites and expert knowledge of Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of Workday and/or other HRIS systems.
- Experience with Visier, MarketPay, or similar people analytical tools.
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?